Gran Fondo New York
Gran Fondo New York brings Italian cycling culture to the world's greatest city
The second edition of Gran Fondo New York brings Italian cycling culture to the world's greatest city on May 20, 2012. Join thousands of cyclists on a challenging 100 mile Gran Fondo and 65 mile non competitive Medio Fondo from New York City to Bear Mountain and back in an experience fit for a pro and open to anyone who loves to ride.
The entry fee for the Gran and Medio Fondo remain the same: $195 and $165 respectively until October 31. Great news: we were able to waive the processing fee so the only additional cost is your credit card fee (3%). Hence, the actual entry fee is lower than 2011! Spots are limited. If you want to race, make sure you register asap.
- 4 timed climbs
- categories: overall, age groups, cycling team, him&her
- King and Queen of the Mountains win Pinarello bikes
The 65mile/105k Medio Fondo is non-competitive. It includes two timed climbs with times posted in alphabetical order.
- closed roads on all timed climbs and across the George Washington Bridge. Police moderated traffic along the entire course.
- international competitor field with athletes from over 70 countries. Hundreds of athletes are coming from abroad. Italians and Canadians make up the largest international contingents.
- post-race meal and party at the finish
- world-wide press coverage from our international Media Partners
- two-day expo at Roseland Ballroom in midtown Manhattan
- European cut cycling jersey ($110 value) provided by GFNY to every rider is mandatory attire for the event for participant safety
- awards and raffle prizes valued at more than $100,000
- great prizes from our sponsors including racing bikes, racing wheels, racing shoes, helmets, saddles and much more
- GFNY sports bag, finisher medal and product from sponsors
- free weekly training rides for all registered participants
- calm start line with the racing beginning at mile 35
- six fully stocked aid stations (three for Medio Fondo)
- on-course mechanical support provided by Mavic and local bike shops
- motorcycle marshal support and SAG
- hundreds of volunteers cheering and helping you through the day