I have been approached by the Toronto Running Series to help organize the volunteers in the Beach Area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have decided to help out because the Club(BCC) as a whole will be remunerated for the volunteers and time. I will bank this money for our end of season Party!!! Please R.S.V.P. ONLY if you can VOLUNTEER. Thanks. D.
Here are the details:
+ 80 Marshals (40 adults + 40 “teenagers”
Remuneration back to the organization: $10.00/head for adults and $5.00/teenagers
1. Ensure the safety of runners
2. direct runners along the route
3. cheer and encourage runners as they pass by
4. tell any non-authorized drivers that roads are closed until 1pm (by authority of the City & Police)
5. minimize interference with the race from traffic/pedestrians
Time: all in place at 8:00am – 2pm
All Volunteers receive:
- volunteer t-shirt (to wear on race day)
- food pack
- instructions including key contact information
- Marshals will also be given a safety vest
We are tracking for 20,000 runners in our 20th year and our first year running through The Beach.
Fundraising just went over $1 million. Amazing numbers!
We have 89 charities (a lot of smaller community based charities that use the money to improve their quality of life, programs (they are not all looking for the cures) and 12 Neighbourhood Cheering and Entertainment Centres who are associated with charities ie Beaches Lions Club (at Kew Gardens) is raising money for the Guide Dogs and Murphy’s Law (across from Murphy’s Law) raising money for Community Centre 55.
FINALIZED LIST OF VOLUNTEERS AND LOCATIONS:
Queen - Hammersmith Marshals - LOCATIONS for VOLUNTEERS