Kahrbuhn Wheels Under $1,000 for Carbon Wheels(Clincher/Tubular)

Here's the Deal.  Line of products at retail prices between $600 to $900.  Please post if interested. 
Company Website: http://www.kahrbuhn.com/
We currently have 3 sets of Demo Wheels:
- Clincher Pro 38
- Clincher Pro 50
- Tubular Classic 24
Here are the specs:
Here is the Price List:

Club discount program:

- Members receive a 12% discount for batch orders of 5 to 14 wheelsets
 - Members receive an 18% discount for batch orders of 15+ wheelsets
 - Priority customer service within the one-year limited warranty period

- Clubs receive profit sharing of $15 per wheelset for batch orders between 5 to14 wheelsets
 - Clubs receive profit sharing of $20 per wheelset for batch orders over 15 wheelsets

Review of Wheelsets:

by Peter Sutton: http://beachescyclingclub.ning.com/forum/topics/product-review-kahr...

We currently have 3 sets of Demo Wheels:
- Clincher Pro 38
- Clincher Pro 50

- Tubular Classic 24

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TEST RIDE THE WHEELS - POST TO DISCUSSION.

For Full details - Click on PDF Link included in this post for more details. 

Views: 573

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think this is the spot where I am supposed to comment on & review the Kahrbuhn wheelsets, but I am not sure...

I initially had the 50mm Klincher Koncord wheels to test ride.  I found them to be very stiff and responsive, but have never ridden deep section carbon wheels before so have nothing to compare them to.  I think that they felt stiffer than my Kysrium SL Premiums and seemed to accelerate faster when forces were applied to the pedals.  I never felt like the bike was being battered around in the wind which was one of my concerns about using deep section wheels.

The hubs on the Koncords seemed to run very smoothly and quietly.  I know that Peter Sutton didn't think much of the hubs that were on the tubular wheelset that he tested.

I then received the 38mm Klincher Klimbers from Jason (who seemed to be very impressed with them) & I tested them for a few days.  They were also quite quick and responsive, but not as much compared with the 50mm Koncords.

I received the Koncords back from Jeff (who also seemed very impressed with the wheelset) & am giving them a second try.  I am hoping to use them on a hard and fast Bagel Ride early Sat morning and a Donut Ride this Sunday.  They should be good tests for these wheels with the high speeds and multiple excelerations.

In my opinion the 50mm Koncords are the better buy than the 38mm Klimbers.  As stated they seem stiffer, but also with the 50mm profile you get a better aero advantage for only a 51-ish gram increase in weight.  If the Klimbers were considerably lighter than the Koncords than I would have to re-think that decision.  The Koncords weigh approx 1518 grams and the Klimbers are listed as 1467 grams.  The weight of these wheelsets is much better actually when compared against $2000+ name brand wheelsets and are also lighter than other no name wheelsets that you can find on eBay.  The warranty is also a nice advantage over buying carbon wheelsets on eBay.

These carbon clinchers do seem to keep their speed nicely and I may have noticed increased speeds with descending on a few occasions.

They are a great deal at their regular price and moreso with the BCC discount.  I would definitely like to see better decals and graphics on the wheels, as that is definitely a weak point in my opinion.  They just don't look cool enough.

However, graphics aside, I will most likely be picking up a set of the 50mm Koncords if this deal goes down.  I have heard good things about the GIANT SLR carbon clinchers & Jake at Cycle Solutiuons is looking into pricing for me.  If the pricing of the GIANT wheelset is near the costs of the Kahrbuhns then I will go that route as they are a known commodity & they look really cool, but if the price is too much than I will be getting the Koncords.

2 days of test riding on the Koncords.

Comparision - Krysiums SL and Duraace scandium. Both have sets have great hubs, not especially aero and weigh in around 1350g.

My experience was very similar to Peter's.  I was quite impressed by the stiff but comfortable feeling. 

I'll need to go back to my non-aero wheels and try to get a sense of how much influence the deeper wheel makes.   I think it was easier to be in the front at higher speeds.  I did notice a different feel to the steering,  it appeared to me, that a little more effort was required to turn the handle bars, but, once turning, the bike felt great carving a tight arc.

The price is a lot less than some of the familiar name aero wheelsets.  Due to the price, I was expecting some compromise in the hubs that would show up as sloppy handling or diminished rolling.  Neither occured.  Handling was good, rolling was good.

Jeff

Nice looking bike Jeff.  The wheels look great on it.

If anyone is still interested in demoing a set of wheels (clincher or tubular), please feel free to contact me. I'm usually there for the Saturday morning group rides (if I don't wuss out to poor weather). 

RSS

BCC Rides

Cycling in the summer can be about casual riding, sprinting, spinning, big-ring hammerfests or what ever your chosen type of riding is. The BCC was founded for the sole purpose to network cyclists. It has grown into a successful club which accommodates Riders at almost all skill/fitness levels. Everyone should be able to participate and have fun at their respective levels.

Weekend Rides: 

Saturday

Saturday Morning
Start time is 8:00am early season, 7:00am as days get longer. Route distances vary from 55-120km and several pace groups are available. Saturday morning rides focus on a social vibe.

Sunday

Sunrise Sundays
Rides will start around sunrise. Rotating routes will focus on distances from 55-160km.  Remote start rides outside the GTA.

Weekly Rides:

Tuesday

Advanced Turbo Tuesdays
For this ride, advanced group riding and bike handling skills are required. You must also be aware of your limitations. Riding speed is 35kph+.

Thursday

Hillicious Thursdays
Starts at 5:40am. This ride includes Bayview, pottery rd, redway other local hills.

Tues/Thurs

CX/MTB Ride

Starts at 5:30AM. Bring your CX or MTB out for a great Don trail ride. Some weeks, we'll head to a local park to practice CX skills.

Informal Rides Click Here

Other Rides:

Race Team

BCC Race Team
Please join if you will be racing in 2018 as part of the BCC Race Team!

Track Cycling

BCC Track Cycling Group

A place where those interested in, or already addicted to, riding the boards can share info.

BCC Youth

BCC Youth Group

An initiative to have weekly skills sessions and rides for young riders.

Interested in finding a new route or refreshing your memory on an old faithful? Check out the Routes page.

Events

BCC on Strava

Members

Latest Activity

Harris Silver commented on DY's event End of Season Party - Friday November 15th 2019 - 7PM
Wednesday
Tim White commented on DY's event End of Season Party - Friday November 15th 2019 - 7PM
Wednesday
Peter Sutton commented on DY's event End of Season Party - Friday November 15th 2019 - 7PM
Nov 8
Howard Calvert commented on DY's event End of Season Party - Friday November 15th 2019 - 7PM
Nov 8
DY commented on DY's event Dream Cyclery Customer Appreciation Night
Nov 7
Keld Juulsgaard commented on DY's event Dream Cyclery Customer Appreciation Night
Nov 6
DY posted an event
Thumbnail

Dream Cyclery Customer Appreciation Night at Dream Cyclery

November 8, 2019 from 5pm to 9pm
Nov 6
Dave Ogilvie commented on DY's event End of Season Party - Friday November 15th 2019 - 7PM
Oct 24
Mike McInnis commented on DY's event End of Season Party - Friday November 15th 2019 - 7PM
Oct 19
DY posted an event
Thumbnail

End of Season Party - Friday November 15th 2019 - 7PM at Via Mercanti(1501 Gerrard St. Location)

November 15, 2019 from 7pm to 10:30pm
Oct 19
Brent Nykoliation commented on Chris Mount's event 2019 BCC EOS Ride - Belfountain/Caledon/Forks of the Credit
Oct 4
Bernadette Crowe commented on Chris Mount's event 2019 BCC EOS Ride - Belfountain/Caledon/Forks of the Credit
Oct 4
Harris Silver commented on Chris Mount's event 2019 BCC EOS Ride - Belfountain/Caledon/Forks of the Credit
Oct 4
Jon Spira commented on Chris Mount's event 2019 BCC EOS Ride - Belfountain/Caledon/Forks of the Credit
Oct 3
Jorge Chaves commented on Chris Mount's event 2019 BCC EOS Ride - Belfountain/Caledon/Forks of the Credit
Oct 3
Robert Jones commented on Chris Mount's event 2019 BCC EOS Ride - Belfountain/Caledon/Forks of the Credit
Oct 3

© 2019   Created by DY.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service