Im enrolling strong riders for the 24HR Mosport Velo
This event is for Special Olympics Ontario. This extremely credible charitable organization has a brand new and very unique event being introduced in Canada: 24 Hour Mosport Velo. This event is unique to Canada and hope that you will consider participating. I will be entering a team of 10 people. You can read further to have a better understanding of what is being asked.
As part of this inaugural event I’m waiving the registration fees to the team. Bear in mind that this is for a great cause so I need to see funds being raised - Athletes Supporting Athletes!
I have attached two links that showcase/outline similar events in Europe … remember this is the first of its kind here in Canada - we will be making history! We will also be supporting over 26,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities who love sports and train hard to be the best they can be - just like you and I.
24 Hour Cycling Relay - France:
24 Hour Cycling Relay - UK:
Note: Track will be opened on Sunday after the event for anyone to have chance to do some laps
WHAT: 24 hour cycling relay in support of Special Olympics
WHEN: Saturday, September 21st, 2019 – Relay begins at 2 p.m. (Team Captain Meeting – 10 a.m.)
11 a.m. – 1 p.m. cyclist check in (Grand Prix Centre, Mosport Park)
11 a.m – 1 p.m. – Pit Row Team positioning/facilities orientation/rest area set up
1.45 p.m. – 1.55 p.m. Opening Ceremony/Torch Lighting – trackside
6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – sunset BBQ (Grand Prix Centre)
Sunday, September 22nd
7 a.m. – 9 a.m. – Sunrise Breakfast (Grand Prix Centre)
2 p.m. Grand Prix Relay Finish
2.20 p.m. – 3.00 p.m. – Closing Ceremonies (trackside)
3.00 – 3.30 p.m. Depart
WHERE: Canadian Tire Mosport Park, Bowmanville
WHY: This is a charity fundraising event in support of Special Olympics Ontario. 100% of donations & participant pledges will directly benefit individuals with an intellectual disability. Special Olympics Ontario is the largest organization in Canada to provide grassroots sport programs and competition opportunities, from the local level to the world level, for people with intellectual disabilities.
* Teams can range from 5 to 10 riders. Open to cyclists (18+) both mixed and single gender teams
* Each team must have 1 rider (only) on the track throughout the entire 24 hour challenge
* Each team will be assigned 1 transponder timing device to correctly calculated total track laps completed as well as individual circuit times
* Each team will be assigned its own “Pit Row” space for rider preparation & relay exchanges
* Team members determine their own scheduled rider rotation (i.e. # of consecutive laps, ride times)
* Safety is paramount on the Grand Prix circuit & everywhere within & throughout the park’s property
* EMS will be on site throughout the event
* Velofix will be on site throughout the event, to provide necessary support
Comfort Inn (20 minute drive from track) – the event has secured preferred pricing at the Comfort Inn.
Quality Inn, Bowmanville
If interested contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org