Here are the pics:
Welcome to all the new riders. Our skills group did an awesome job staying together and keeping the pace lines tight and predictable. Hope everyone had a safe ride.
Below are things that I feel are important reminders and need to be adhered to by the group as a whole. Please Read.
Re: Riding Safely
1. Riders must ride a tight double paceline or single file when traffic, common sense or the road dictate. (No riding way out in the lane unless riding around parked cars or other obstacles.)
2. Riders must always look ahead so as to see any danger as well as to anticipate the movement(s) of the group or other riders. (Pay attention to lights, slowing riders, other riders' hand signals etc.
3. After a green light, slowly and smoothly bring the speed of the group back up to cruising speed. (Accelerating like a jackrabbit means everyone else has to sprint to catch back up)
4. HOLD YOUR LINE. And if you must change your heading, do so in a smooth manner, letting others know what your intentions are. (Cutting across another rider's bow or swinging out of line in are sprint are things that can cause other riders to crash or in the best case force other riders to take evasive action.) BE PREDICTABLE.
5. Riders should point out all obstacles in the riding line so as to warn following riders. (Don't bunny hop anything! The rider behind WILL take the brunt of what it is you are trying to avoid. Instead, open your eyes and watch for stuff!)
6. On group rides, the group must act as one. When arriving to a red light, don't filter(means going alongside cars to get ahead). Act as if the group is a semi-truck, we're as big as one, so act like one.